Facts of Jody Allen
|Full Name:||Jody Allen|
|Net Worth:||$ 3 Million|
Jo Lynn “Jody” Allen is an entrepreneur, philanthropist, and businesswoman from the United States. She is Paul Allen’s sister and served as the CEO of Vulcan Inc., his investment and project management firm, from 1986 until 2015. The Paul G. Allen Family Foundation is her co-founder and president.
Early Life of Jody Allen
Paul Allen was born on the 21st of January, 1953. He was an American citizen who was born in Seattle, Washington. His given name was Paul Gardner Allen, and he was born under the sign of Aquarius. He also came from a Jewish family.
Paul was born to Kenneth Samuel Allen and Edna Faye Allen. Kenneth used to work at the University of Washington Libraries as an associate director. Edna was also a librarian. In addition, Paul had a sister named Jody Allen. Since he was a child, Paul Allen has had a strong interest in science.
Paul went to Lakeside School in Seattle for his education. In this school, he met his close buddy Bill Gates. They were both computer nerds. Paul went on to Washington State University after receiving a 1600 on the SAT. He did, however, leave college after two years to work as a programmer for Honeywell in Boston. Not only that, but Paul persuaded Bill Gates to drop out of Harvard University in order to embark on a groundbreaking project.
Cause of Jody Allen Death
In 1982, Paul was diagnosed with cancer. He died of septic shock on October 15, 2018, at the age of 65, after years of treatment.
Married Life of Jody Allen
Paul Allen had a few relationships but never got involved in his life. Jerry Hall, Paul’s ex-girlfriend, joined him on his yacht to France after he broke up with Mick Jagger. Aside from that, little is known about his personal life.
Measurements of Jody Allen
Paul was 5 feet 10 inches or 1.78 meters tall and weighed 79 kg or 174 pounds, according to his physical stats. Similarly, he had 13.5-inch biceps and 8-inch shoe size (US). Paul’s real body dimensions were 40-32-35 inches (chest-waist-hip). He also had grayish-white hair and blue eyes.
Estimated Net Worth of Jody Allen
Paul has undoubtedly amassed a sizable fortune. Paul had a net worth of $20.3 billion dollars at the time of his death. He made the most of his money as a co-founder of the Microsoft Corporation.
Jody Allen’s Career Line
- Microsoft was founded in Albuquerque, New Mexico, by Paul Allen and Bill Gates in 1975. In reality, it was Allen who came up with the company’s moniker, Microsoft. Similarly, in 1980, Allen secured a deal to purchase Tim Paterson’s Quick and Dirty Operating System. Following that, they struck a contract with IBM to run the OS on their PC series. Paul became wealthy and famous as a result of the arrangement.
- Paul was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s lymphoma in 1982 and had chemotherapy for several months. Paul resigned from the Board of Directors in 2000 due to his health.
- Moving on, Paul established the Paul G. Allen Family Foundation in 1986 to promote health and human services. In 1992, Paul and David Liddle co-founded Interval Research Corporation.
- Paul has also bought major sports franchises such as the Seattle Seahawks and Portland Trail Blazers. Paul gave $14 million to the Paul G Allen Center for Computer Science and Engineering in 1996.
- Paul began contributing large sums of money to worthwhile causes around 2003. In 2003, he made a $100 million donation to the Allen Institute for Brain Science. He also put down $41 million for the Allen Spinal Cord Atlas online mouse gene map.
- Paul mentioned in his book “Idea Man: A Memoir by the Cofounder of Microsoft” published in 2011 that Bill Gates developed Microsoft and how they were able to start the idea even when it sounded too lavish at the time.