Facts of Choi Si-won
|Full Name:||Choi Si-won|
|Birthday:||07 Apr, 1986|
|Birthplace:||Seoul, South Korea|
|Net Worth:||$18 million|
|Height:||6 feet 0 inches|
|Profession:||singer, actor, model, Humanitarianm, and songwriter|
Choi Si-won is a well-known South Korean singer, actor, model, humanitarian, and songwriter. Choi Si-won is well-known for his work as a member of the South Korean boy band ‘Super Junior.’
What is the Age of Choi Si-won?
Choi Si-won was born on April 7, 1986, in Seoul, South Korea. He is currently 35 years old, and his zodiac sign is Aries. He has a younger sister named Ji-won. Similarly, his father, Choi Ki-ho, was the former CEO of Boryung Medicine, a pharmaceutical company.
He is a devout Protestant Christian who stated in an interview that after his entertainment career, he plans to become a missionary. The family also owns Hyundai Department Store, one of Korea’s largest supermarket chains. As a result, his father also owns a trading company in Japan. His mother, Byun Jae-Jeong, also owns a business.
Education of Choi Si-won
In addition, he graduated from ‘Apgu Jeong High School’ in February 2006 and Inha University in February 2012. Furthermore, he enlisted for his mandatory military service as a conscripted police officer on November 19, 2015, and was discharged on August 18, 2017. Since 2010, he has participated in numerous UNICEF campaigns.
On November 12, 2015, he was appointed as the special representative of the South Korean Committee for UNICEF. Choi is a drummer and a pianist. Choi is also a Taekwondo expert, and he was once the youngest person in Korea to hold the fourth rank in the black belt.
Is Choi Si-won dating his Girlfriend?
Si-won dated Stella Kim in 2008. However, they soon parted ways and broke up. He had a brief relationship with Agnez Mo in 2012. He was also rumored to be dating Chinese model Liu Wen. But, as of now, he is not dating anyone and is single.
Net Worth of Choi Si-won
Choi is a well-known singer and actor. He clearly earns a lot of money from his career. He does, however, have a net worth of $18 million as of 2021.
How tall is Choi Si-won?
Choi is a handsome and appealing individual. He stands 6 feet tall and weighs about 75 kilograms. Choi has a dimpled smile and a toned body. He has a healthy, fit body. As a result, he always makes time to practice in the gym. His shoe size is 43 (EU) or 10 (US) or 9 (UK). He also has dark brown eyes and dark brown hair.
Career line of Choi Si-won
- He was scouted by an SM Entertainment talent agent while waiting for friends in front of his high school when he was 16 years old. And the agent suggested that he audition for the company’s ‘Starlight Casting System.’ And he auditioned without seeking his parents’ permission.
- Although his parents allowed him to sign a contract with SM Entertainment, they did not provide him with financial support because they wanted him to accept responsibility for his actions.
- Choi moved into the agency’s dormitories with other trainees and received training in singing, acting, and dancing. Similarly, during his training period, in 2003, he was featured as a solo singer in a music video for The Grace’s “Dana.”
- The following year, he made a brief appearance in the drama ‘Precious Family.’ In 2005, he appeared as young Kang Bong-man in the KBS drama ‘Eighteen, Twenty-Nine.’
- Finally, he made his official debut as one of 12 members of the boy band ‘Super Junior.’ He also became a member of the group’s subgroup ‘Super Junior-M.’
- He made his first official media appearance with bandmate ‘Han Geng’ as one of the models in a fashion show by Bum Suk a few months before debuting with the band. Furthermore, Choi released a single for the drama, titled ‘Only You,’ in 2015, which reached the top of the music charts.
- On November 6, 2005, he appeared with the band on SBS’s music show ‘Popular Songs.’ He also performed their first single, ‘Twins (Knock Out).’
- As a result, on December 5, 2005, they released their debut album ‘SuperJunior05 (Twins).’ Similarly, in 2006, he played Park Sang-woo in the drama ‘Spring Waltz.’
- Choi also appeared in the Hong Kong epic film ‘A Battle of Wits.’ He took on the role of Liang Prince there. After the band’s 13th member, Kyuhyun, joined, they dropped the suffix “05” and became known as “Super Junior.” On June 7, 2006, their first CD single, titled ‘U,’ was released.
- Continuing his success, he appeared in the 2007 film Attack on the Pin-Up Boys alongside other Super Junior members.
- In the same year, he was cast in MBC’s two-part miniseries “Legend of Hyang Dan.” Similarly, in April 2008, he was reassigned to the seven-member subgroup ‘Super Junior-M.’ In addition, the group debuted in China at the 8th Annual Music Chart Awards, and on April 8, 2008, they released their first music video, ‘U.’
- On April 23, 2008, the group released their first Chinese-language studio album, ‘Me,’ in China. And, on May 2nd, it was released in Taiwan.
- Similarly, three Korean tracks were released as part of a Korean version of the album on April 30, 2008. Modified versions of the album were also distributed in a number of Asian countries on May 2, 2008.
- Choi appeared in the 2010 South Korean television series ‘Oh! My Lady,’ a romantic comedy. In the same year, he was cast in the big-budget spy series ‘Athena: Goddess of War.’
- There, he was cast as a data analyst and rookie elite agent. Furthermore, the show was a spin-off of the 2009 hit drama ‘Iris.’
- He appeared in KBS’s action drama ‘Poseidon’ in 2011. That same year, he was cast in his first Taiwanese drama, ‘Skip Beat!’ In addition, the series was an adaptation of the Japanese shjo manga ‘Skip Beat!’
- In addition, in 2012, he was cast in the SBS drama ‘The King of Drama.’ He played Kang Hyun-min, a well-known celebrity, in the film.
- In 2015, he was cast in a number of projects. Choi co-starred in Hong Kong’s historical action film ‘Dragon Blade’ with Jackie Chan. He also appeared in the crime thriller ‘Helios’ and the sports drama ‘To the Fore’. He also appeared in the Chinese romance drama ‘Fall In Love With You Again’ and ‘Billion Dollar Heir,’ a Chinese adaptation of the hit drama ‘The Heirs.’
- In Korea, he was cast as the second male lead in MBC’s romantic comedy “She Was Pretty.” Furthermore, in October 2017, he debuted in tvN’s youth romance drama ‘Revolutionary’ Love alongside Kang So-ra. In April 2019, he appeared in KBS’s crime comedy-drama “My Fellow Citizens!”
- In addition, for ‘Oh! My Lady,’ he received an SBS Drama Award in the category of ‘New Star Award’ in 2010. That same year, he received the 4th Men’s Health Cool Guy Award in the category Best Cover Magazine. Furthermore, he is ranked 55th on TC Candler’s “The 100 Most Handsome Faces of 2018.”