Facts of Connor McDavid
|Full Name:||Connor McDavid|
|Birthplace:||Richmond Hill, Ontario|
|Net Worth:||$30 million|
|Height:||5 feet 11 inches (1.80m)|
Canadian athlete Connor McDavid Connor McDavid is the National Hockey League Edmonton Oilers’ captain and a professional ice hockey center.
How old is Connor McDavid?
Connor McDavid, 24, was born on January 13, 1997. He is a Capricorn who was born in mid-January. Connor, on the other hand, was born in Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada, and is a Canadian citizen. In terms of ethnicity and religion, he is Caucasian and adheres to Christianity. Similarly, Connor McDavid is the son of Brian and Kelly McDavid.
Brian, his father, was a hockey coach for kids. Cameron McDavid is Connor’s older brother. Furthermore, one of these gifted siblings graduated from Ivey Business School. Similarly, Connor began skating at the age of three and used to play hockey with kids his age.
Furthermore, despite the fact that the Newmarket hockey association barred him from playing with older kids, his parents enrolled him in the Aurora team. Similarly, his father took over as coach of the York-Simcoe Express, an Aurora, Ontario-based hockey team. He went on to win four Ontario Minor Hockey Association championships after that. In addition, Connor holds a bachelor’s degree from Boston University.
How much does Connor McDavid earn?
Concerning his earnings and net worth, Connor is a professional Canadian hockey player. Similarly, he has amassed a sizable fortune and gained considerable notoriety as a result of his career. Connor, on the other hand, is worth $30 million. Similarly, Connor became the leading scorer, earning the title of “Most Valuable Player” and taking home the Hart Memorial Trophy. He has also received numerous gold medals for his country.
Is Connor McDavid single?
Connor is gay and in a loving relationship. Lauren Kyle, a business student from Canada, is the girl he is dating. Furthermore, the couple met by chance while attending the wrong birthday party.
How tall is Connor McDavid?
This athletic athlete stands 6 feet 1 inch (71 inches) tall and weighs approximately 88 kg (194 lbs). Similarly, as an athlete, he has kept a fit body. Similarly, this daring personality has fair skin, light brown eyes, and brown hair.
Career line of Connor McDavid
- When it comes to his professional life, Connor began playing hockey at a young age. Similarly, he started playing minor hockey with the York-Simcoe Express of the Ontario Minor Hockey Association.
- He also played bantam and minor midget hockey for the Greater Toronto Hockey League’s Toronto Marlboros. Furthermore, he was named the GTHL’s Minor Midget Player of the Year after accumulating 209 points in 88 games, including 79 goals and 130 assists.
- In addition, he was named a ‘Exceptional Player’ by Canada’s amateur hockey governing body. Despite being a year junior, he was selected to play in the Ontario Hockey League, finishing third behind John Tavares and Aaron Ekblad.
- Similarly, at the age of 15, he was chosen for OHL Priority Selection and was awarded the ‘Jack Ferguson Award.’ During his first season, he scored in 15 straight games, earning him the title of ‘OHL Rookie of the Month’ twice.
- Similarly, this gifted hockey player did not stop there; in 2013-14, he was named the OHL Scholastic Player of the Year and received the ‘William Hanley Trophy’ and ‘Bobby Smith Trophy.’
- In the same year, he was also named to the OHL’s Second All-Star Team.
- Similarly, due to his outstanding performance, he was named captain of the Erie Otters until he was sidelined for six weeks due to an injury.
- Similarly, with 44 goals and 76 assists, Connor finished the season as the third-highest scorer. Similarly, he won the ‘Red Tilson Trophy’ for ‘OHL Player of the Year’ and was named ‘Chl Player of the Year.’
- Connor was chosen first overall by the Edmonton Oilers in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft, and he signed a three-year entry-level contract with the team. Similarly, his professional career got off to a shaky start, with losses to the St. Louis Blues and the Dallas Stars in his first two games.
- Similarly, he made his return to the ice memorable on February 2nd, 2016, with a goal and two assists for the Columbus Blue Jackets.
- In addition, he had the team’s first five-point night. Despite only playing 45 games this season, he finished third in the Calder Memorial Trophy voting for NHL Rookie of the Year.
- Similarly, on October 5, 2016, at the age of 19, Connor became the youngest captain in NHL history. On November 19, 2016, he scored his first hat-trick of the season in a 5-2 win over Dallas, ending a streak of 10 goalless games.
- Connor McDavid became the youngest player in the IIHF World U18 Championship in Sochi, Russia, in his international career. He made his international debut with Slovakia’s under-18 team in this match.
- Similarly, Connor scored a hat-trick for Sweden, helping the team win a gold medal after defeating the four-time defending champion United States in the final.
- In addition, he won gold at the 2014 World Junior Championship. Similarly, he won gold at the 2016 World Junior Championships in Toronto and Montreal.