Facts of David Byrne
|Full Name:||David Byrne|
|Birthplace:||Dumbarton West, Dunbartonshire|
|Net Worth:||$40 million|
|Height:||6 feet 0 inches (1.83m)|
|Sibling:||(One) Celia Byrne|
David Byrne is a well-known Scottish-American singer-songwriter and composer. David Byrne is best known as the frontman of the New Wave/punk band Blur.
How old is David Byrne?
David Byrne was born on May 14, 1952 in Dumbarton West, Dunbartonshire, Scotland. David is now 69 years old. David is Scottish-American by nationality and Irish by ethnicity. Likewise, he comes from a Christian family and was born under the sign of Taurus.
David was born to his father, Tom Byrne, and his mother, Emma Byrne. Emma was a teacher, and Tom was an electronic engineer. David also has a younger sister named Celia Byrne, who is an epidemiologist and breast cancer specialist.
David and his family moved to Hamilton, Ontario, when he was two years old. When David was about eight or nine years old, his family relocated to Arbutus, Maryland. The family was forced to leave Scotland for two reasons. The first is Toms’ job, and the second is the family tensions caused by David’s parents’ mixed marriage.
Education of David Byrne
Moving on to his education, David graduated from Lansdowne High School in southwest Baltimore. He later attended the Rhode Island School of Design and the Maryland Institute College of Art. However, he decided to drop out of college.
David enjoys cycling as one of his favorite things and hobbies. He even prefers cycling to driving and prefers to travel by bike rather than car. Similarly, even though David is left-handed, he plays guitar right-handed.
How much is David Byrne’s net worth?
The well-known musician has an estimated net worth of $40 million US dollars. He makes the majority of his money through his singing career. But he hasn’t disclosed his annual salary. David, on the other hand, undoubtedly earns a six-figure annual salary.
David has received a number of awards. The Los Angeles Film Critics Association (1987), the Academy Awards (1988), and the Golden Globe Awards are just a few examples (1988). Similarly, he has received Grammy Awards (1989, 2010) and Drama Desk Awards (2013).
Is David Byrne dating anyone?
David is currently single and is not dating anyone. He has had several relationships and has even been married before. Adelle Lutz was David’s wife. Adelle works as a costume designer. The couple married on July 18, 1987. They also had a daughter named Malu Abeni Valentine Byrne, who was born in 1989. The couple divorced in 2004 due to personal reasons.
David had a relationship with Toni Basil prior to his marriage. Similarly, after their breakup, he dated Twyla Tharp. Furthermore, following his divorce from Adelle, David dated Louise Neri. However, his most recent relationship was with Cindy Sherman. The couple began dating in 2007 and ended their relationship four years later in 2011.
How tall is David Byrne?
David has a slim body type based on his physical statistics. David stands 6 feet (1.83m) tall and weighs around 75 kg (165 lbs.). Similarly, his body measurements (chest-waist-hip) are 42-32-38 inches. In addition, he has 14-inch biceps. David has grey hair and dark eyes.
Career line of david Byrne
- David began his career as a singer. With Chris Frantz, he formed the band “Talking Heads.” Their debut album, “Talking Heads: 77,” was released in 1977. Similarly, the band recorded and released their second album, “More Songs About Buildings and Food.”
- This album was enormously successful. Following this success, the band released two more albums, “Fear of Music” (1979) and “Remain in Light” (1980). (1980). The band took a break until 1983.
- David launched his solo career in 1981 with the release of his first solo album, “My Life in the Bush of Ghosts.” After a brief hiatus, the band returned in 1983 with the album “Speaking in Tongues.” The album was their first big commercial success.
- Their next album, “Little Creatures,” became the band’s best-selling album and went double platinum in America. The band released two albums, “True Stories” and “Naked: Before Separation.”
- Following the separation of the Talking Heads, David released another solo album titled “Rei Momo.” David Byrne’s other well-known albums include “David Byrne” and “Look into the Eyeball” (2001). In 2016, David appeared on the track “Snoopy” from De La Soul’s album “and the Anonymous Nobody.”