Facts of Tay Keith
|Full Name:||Tay Keith|
|Birthday:||20 Sep, 1996|
|Birthplace:||Memphis, Tennessee, USA|
|Net Worth:||$1 million|
|Profession:||Record Producer and Songwriter|
|Sibling:||Four (two brothers, two sisters)|
Tay Keith is an American songwriter and record producer. Tay Keith began producing music in his early teens after meeting fellow rapper BlocBoy JB. He has worked on popular music by well-known artists such as Drake, Beyonce, Miley Cyrus, DJ Khalid, and others.
How old is Tay Keith?
Tay’ Keith’s full name is Brytavious Lakeith Chambers, and he was born on September 20, 1996. He is now 23 years old. He is originally from South Memphis, Tennessee. He grew up knowing that music was his forte. Keith is the eldest of four siblings, with two brothers and two sisters. However, their names and other details, as well as information about his parents, are unavailable.
Nonetheless, the producer has stated that he was raised by his mother but later moved in with his father. Furthermore, he grew up among artists such as Three 6 Mafia, Playa Fly, and 8Ball & MJG. In addition, he is the first person in his family to be involved in the music industry, and his brothers rap as well.
Tay Keith attended Middle Tennessee State University (MTSU) and majored in Media Management. Prior to this, he attended White Station and graduated from high school. Tay Keith also mentioned that while at MTSU, he learned a lot about royalties, mechanical royalties, performance royalties, and copyright.
Tay also began making music and uploading it to YouTube and DatPiff when he was about fourteen years old. He also used his piano to compose music and remake popular songs. One of the songs he was able to remake was Lil Wayne’s Lollipop. Tay Keith later moved to Raleigh in North Memphis and met American rapper BlocBoy JB when he was 14 years old. The two then began making music together.
Is Tay Keith single or has a Girlfriend?
There is no information available about the young producer’s relationship status. He is still young, so he could be single. Or perhaps he has a lover but prefers to keep it hidden from the public eye. Tay Keith is also concentrating on furthering his career as a producer as well as his education at such a young age. Tay Keith has also succeeded in keeping his personal and professional life free of unnecessary rumors and scandals.
How tall is Tay Keith?
Tay Keith’s height is 1.64 meters and his weight is approximately 87kg. Other body measurements, such as his chest-waist-hip, biceps, dress size, shoe size, and so on, are not available. Tay Keith also has black eyes and hair the same color. His dreadlocked hair is an additional physical feature that draws people to him.
Estimated Net Worth of Tay Keith
Moving on, Tay Keith’s net worth is estimated to be around $1 million. He earns money by producing music and occasionally DJing. This young record producer and songwriter may have other sources of income as well. Furthermore, the average songwriter’s salary is $43k.
Career line of Tay Keith
- Tay Keith is a record producer and songwriter. Tay Keith found his place in the rap zeitgeist alongside longtime friend and collaborator BlocBoy JB after bursting into the mainstream with the success of Drake-assisted hit “Look Alive.”
- After following up on “Look Alive” with “Rover 2.0,” the Memphis producer scored his first number one hit with Travis Scott’s “Sicko Mode,” and worked with artists ranging from Eminem to Lil Baby.
- Tay Keith discovered his talent for production at the age of 14, learning at home while uploading beats to audio streaming platforms. After moving to Raleigh, he quickly formed a friendship and working relationship with local rapper BlocBoy JB, and was quick to provide beats for the rapper’s 2016 debut mixtape, Who Am I.
- Mastering both the clacking drawl of local production styles and the faster pace of mainstream trap, the producer increased his work ethic from the mid to late 2010s, working on mixtapes such as Blac Youngsta’s F*ck Everybody, Moneybagg Yo’s Heartless and Federal 3X, and BlocBoy’s Loco, Grape Juice, The Purple M&M, and Who Am I 3.
- After catching the attention of international superstar Drake, the Memphis collaborators collaborated on the 2018 single “Look Alive,” which peaked at number five on the U.S. singles chart. This song also spent four weeks in the Billboard top ten.
- Furthermore, Tay Keith was only a senior at Middle Tennessee State University when he wrote this song. This song also provided both artists with their first taste of mainstream success.
- With international attention on the duo, they enlisted 21 Savage for the remix track “Rover 2.0.” Tay Keith has also been featured in magazines such as Hype Beast and XXL.
- Keith landed production work for Travis Scott’s upcoming ASTROWORLD LP via his Drake co-sign, working alongside artists ranging from A$AP Rocky to G-Eazy.
- The result was the co-produced “SICKO MODE,” the first hip-hop song in history to spend more than 30 weeks in the Top Ten. The single gave Keith his first number one hit, as well as two nominations at the 61st Grammy Awards later that year.
- Now a well-known name in the hip-hop community, the Memphis producer continued to collaborate with some of the industry’s biggest names, finishing 2018 with massive hits such as Eminem’s “Not Alike,” Drake’s “Nonstop,” and Lil Baby, Gunna, and Drake’s “Never Recover.”
- In 2019, the producer expanded his repertoire to include pop songs as well. After kicking off the year with work on Beyoncé’s “Before I Let Go,” the Memphis producer collaborated with Miley Cyrus on “Mother’s Daughter” and DJ Khaled on “Wish Wish,” as well as more traditional trap rappers Denzel Curry on “Automatic” and Gucci Mane on “Came from Scratch,” “Look at Me Now,” and “Bottom.”
- When asked how he got started in the career, the young producer says he was mostly self-taught. He saw his brother rap and record on Mixcraft and later did it on his own computer.
- Nonetheless, Drumma Boy and Memphis Track Boy gave him sound advice. Another producer named Lil Lody also assisted him. They all gave Tay a lot of advice because they are all from Memphis and have made their way out as well. Tay Keith also met Drumma Boy in Atlanta at an artist showcase, and he met Memphis Track Boy on his way to the studio.
- Drumma Boy also gave Tay advice that has stayed with him to this day, saying, “Basically, be careful of whom you do your publishing with.” Every artist and producer has their own publishing and stuff; just be careful who you choose to collect your publishing from.”
- Tay Keith and Balc Youngsta collaborated on a song when Tay was producing for Blac. Tay had already produced the song “Whole Life” on his tape when he first signed with CMG. Tay Keith contributed three beats to his next tape, Young and Reckless. Following that, he released a mixtape titled Fuck Everybody, on which Tay produced the single “Lil Bitch.” That was four years ago.