Facts of Matt Baker:
|Full Name:||Matt Baker|
|Net Worth:||$10 million|
|Height:||5 feet 8 inches (1.73m)|
|Profession:||Television presenter, Actor|
Matt Baker is a well-known British television host. Matt Baker has been with the BBC for a long time. Furthermore, being a junior gymnastics and acrobatics champion aided him in a variety of shows in which he competed.
When is the Birthday of Matt Baker?
Matt Baker, whose full name is Matthew James Baker, was born on December 23, 1977. (age 43 years old). He was born in Easington, County Durham, England, to Mike and Janice Baker. Matt’s family owned a small farm, and his father ran a news agency in the village where he was born. Similarly, he has three older sisters (two half-sisters) whose names have not been revealed to the public.
Matt Baker was a British gymnast and sports acrobatics champion in his junior years. However, at the age of 14, he had to give up due to anemia. After quitting gymnastics, he participated in sheepdog trials and pole vaulting to fill the gaps in his life.
Education of Matt Baker
Matt Baker attended Easington Village School until the age of ten. Later, his family relocated to the west of Durham, and he attended Belmont Comprehensive School in Durham. He also enrolled in A-levels at Durham Sixth Form Center.
Drama, Biology, and Sports Science were his subjects of choice. Despite his desire to become a physiotherapist, Matt majored in Drama. In the 1990s, he enrolled at Edinburgh’s Queen Margaret University College. During college, Matt Baker also worked as an entertainer with the 70s comedy disco-dancing group Disco Inferno.
How much is the Net Worth of Matt Baker?
He is also known for Doctor Who (2005), Blue Peter (1958), and The Itch of the Golden Nit (2011). Matt Baker’s net worth is estimated to be $10 million. However, due to his active participation in various events, programs, and shows, it may rise in short bursts.
Baker won the BAFTA award for Best Children’s Presenter two years in a row during his seven years with ‘Blue Peter.’ Similarly, he received a Royal Television Society award during this time. In 2011, he was elected president of the National Federation of Young Farmers’ Clubs.
Matt Baker took part in Around the World in 80 Days in 2009. It is a BBC travel documentary made specifically to support and raise funds for Children in Need. Baker also contributes to charitable organizations such as Hearing Dogs for Deaf People, Deerness Gymnastics Academy, and the Grace House Hospice.
Is Matt Baker Married; Who is his Wife?
Matt Baker has been married to Nicola Mooney since 2004. They exchanged vows in Winston, Teesdale. The couple met in Cleethorpes while Baker was performing at Pier 39. They welcomed their son Luke Baker in 2007 and their daughter Molly Baker in 2009. The family currently resides in Buckinghamshire, England.
How tall is Matt Baker?
Matt Baker has a very flexible/athletic body due to his involvement in acrobatics and Strictly Come Dancing. He stands 5’8″ (1.77 m) tall and weighs approximately 78 kg. Similarly, both his eyes and hair are brown.
Career Line of Matt Baker
- Matt Baker is a well-known television presenter who first appeared on Blue Peter on June 25, 1999.
- He hosted the show until June 26, 2006.
- Baker, in particular, has been with the BBC since the beginning of his career. Matt Baker went on to host a number of television shows after he left ‘Blue Peter.’
- Among the notable television shows, he hosted were Animal Rescue Live, Countryfile Summer Diaries, and The One Show.
- He also provided commentary for the gymnastics events during the BBC’s coverage of the 2008 and 2012 Summer Olympics.
- In 2018, he also co-hosted Royal Wedding Watch with Meredith Vieira. It was a week of nonstop coverage of Prince Harry and Megan Markle’s Royal Wedding. Matt Baker competed on Strictly Come Dancing in 2010.
- He came in second place with his dance partner, professional ballroom dancer Aliona Vilani.
- In addition, he played Dick in The Queen’s Handbag in 2006. He also played Caractacus Potts in the film Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.
- From May to August 2010, he was a guest presenter on BBC One’s magazine show The One Show, filling in for Jason Manford.
- Later, he became a permanent presenter on the show, co-hosting with Alex Jones from Monday to Thursday. However, on Tuesday, March 31, 2020, he had his final show on “The One Show,” where he was not on the couch with co-presenter Alex Jones, but was at home in self-isolation.
- Matt appeared in an episode of the BBC drama series Cutting It in 2002.
- Similarly, in 2005, he briefly appeared as himself, as the presenter of Blue Peter, in an episode of the science fiction series Doctor Who.
- In June 2006, he portrayed Dick from The Famous Five in The Queen’s Handbag.
- In 2008, he returned to his hometown of Sunderland, England, to play Caractacus Potts in the Sunderland Empire production of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.