Facts of Nick Cannon
|Full Name:||Nick Cannon|
|Net Worth:||$10 million|
|Height:||5 feet 11 inches (1.80m)|
|Profession:||Actor, Comedian, Rapper, Record Producer, and Entrepreneur|
Nick Cannon is an American rapper, actor, comedian, record producer, and entrepreneur. The multifaceted personality is also a radio and television host! Nick Cannon is best known for hosting the hit reality show ‘America’s Got Talent,’ as well as hosting ‘The Nick Cannon Show.’ He is also the Chief Creative Officer for ‘Radioshack.’ Cannon is well-known as a multitalented figure as a result of his enormous success in the film, music, and radio industries.
How old is Nick Cannon?
Cannon was born on October 8, 1980, in San Diego, California. He was born to James and Beth Cannon. Cannon spent most of his childhood with his paternal grandfather, whom he and his biological father both adored. Cannon grew up in Lincoln Park’s Bay Vista Housing Projects, a gang-infested area of Southeast San Diego. Cannon is of American nationality and practices Christianity. He is 30 years old.
Furthermore, Gabriel Cannon is the name of his sibling. He graduated from Monte Vista High School in Spring Valley in 1998, where he was president of the African Student Coalition and competed in track and field. Cannon got his start in stand-up comedy on his father’s local cable access program. Cannon enrolled at Howard University in 2016 and graduated in 2020 with a bachelor’s degree in Criminology/Administration of Justice and a minor in Africana Studies.
How much is Nick Cannon’s Net Worth?
Nick Cannon has a net worth of around $10 million. His income comes from his singing career as well as his work as a comedian, actor, record producer, and entrepreneur.
Is Nick Cannon dating someone?
Cannon married singer-songwriter Mariah Carey on April 30, 2008, at her private estate on Windermere Island in the Bahamas. On their third wedding anniversary, April 30, 2011, Carey gave birth to fraternal twins: daughter Monroe (after Marilyn Monroe) and son Moroccan Scott, because Cannon proposed to Carey in her Moroccan-style room; Scott is Cannon’s middle name and his grandmother’s maiden name. Monroe, like her mother, has no middle name.
After six years of marriage, the couple separated and filed for divorce in 2014, but briefly reunited in 2015. They divorced in 2016. Cannon’s son with model Brittany Bell, Golden “Sagon” Cannon, was born on February 21, 2017. Their daughter, Powerful Queen Cannon, was born in December 2020.
Scandals of Nick Cannon
In 2009, rapper Eminem released a song called ‘Bagpipes from Baghdad,’ which made fun of Cannon’s wife, Mariah Carey. Cannon responded on Twitter. Following this, Eminem responded with his mixtape-style track titled ‘The Warning,’ which addressed both Cannon and his wife. Two years later, Cannon released a song called ‘Warning (Remix)’ in which he criticized Eminem.
Nick Cannon was fired by ViacomCBS on July 14, 2020, after making racist and anti-Semitic remarks on an episode of his podcast with Professor Griff. Cannon endorsed conspiracy theories about Jewish financial control, claimed that Jews had stolen black people’s identity as “true Hebrews,” and cited Louis Farrakhan, who has been labeled an anti-semite by the Southern Poverty Law Center and Anti-Defamation League.
Cannon also made black supremacist statements, referring to white people as “savages” who were “closer to animals,” claiming that the “only way they can act is evil,” citing the pseudoscientific melanin theory. Cannon issued an apology two days later, but only for his anti-Semitic remarks. Simultaneously, he has demanded complete ownership of Wild ‘n Out and an apology from ViacomCBS for his dismissal. The controversy prompted British rapper Wiley to publicly support Nick Cannon, prompting accusations of antisemitism against the rapper.
How tall is Nick Cannon?
Nick Cannon stands at 6 feet tall or 1.83 meters in height. He weighs approximately 67 kg (147 lbs). He also has black eyes and black hair. Furthermore, his body measurements are 46-32-36 inches. Cannon has a shoe size of 7 (US) and biceps measurements of 21 inches. He is a fitness freak. So Nick has a muscular and healthy body.
Career line of Nick Cannon
- Nick Cannon began his music career as a teenager in 1999. He and his friend Steve Groves formed the rap group ‘Da G4 Dope Bomb Squad.’ In 2001, he was signed to ‘Jive Records’ and appeared on the soundtrack of the film ‘Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius’ with the cover song ‘Parents Just Don’t Understand.’
- In 2003, he released his self-titled album. Then, in 2005, he founded his own label, Can-I-Ball Records, and released the single ‘Can I Live?’
- However, in 2009, this record label was dissolved and replaced by a new one called ‘N’Credible Entertainment.’
- The rapper then released his debut mixtape ‘Child of the Corn’ on December 6, 2011, followed by his second mixtape ‘The Gospel of Ike Turn Up: My Side of the Story’ on November 16, 2016. On December 9, 2019, Cannon released ‘The Invitation,’ a response to Eminem’s diss track on Fat Joe and Dre’s ‘Family Ties.’
- Nick Cannon co-hosted the morning show at 92.3 NOW FM with Southern Sarah Lee and Nikki in 2010. Following this, he was hired for a weekly show called ‘Cannon’s Countdown.’ Cannon announced the same year that he would embark on a comedy tour for the ‘Just for Laughs’ festival in Montreal.
- The following year, he recorded his stand-up comedy special ‘Mr. Showbiz’ in Las Vegas. In 2005, Nick Cannon created, hosted, and produced the MTV comedy series “Wild ‘N Out.” The same year, he hosted Nickelodeon’s 2005 “Kids’ Choice Awards.”
- Following that, he worked as a DJ on the ‘Bigger, Longer, and Wider’ show. In 2009, he hosted Nickelodeon’s ‘HALO Awards.’ That year, he was hired as the host of ‘America’s Got Talent,’ a position he held until 2016. Meanwhile, in 2011, he hosted the popular eating competition ‘Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest.’
- Cannon created the comedy television series ‘Incredible Crew’ in early 2012. During that time, he also began appearing in a music video television series called ‘TeenNick Top 10.’ The following year, he was honored at the ‘Ebony Magazine Power 100 Awards.’ In 2014, Cannon was cast in the comedy-drama musical film ‘School Dance.’ The following year, he began hosting NBC’s ‘Caught on Camera.’
- He also appeared in the American film ‘Drumline: A New Beat’ that year. In 2016, he returned to host the eighth season of ‘Wild ‘N Out.’
- Cannon announced in 2019 that he would be hosting his own syndicated daytime talk show in 2020 through Lionsgate’s ‘Debmar-Mercury’ and his production company ‘NCredible Entertainment.’ Nick Cannon has been the chairman of the Nickelodeon network’s ‘TeenNick’ since 2009. In 2015, he was named Chief Creative Officer for the wireless and electronic store network ‘Radioshack.’
- Cannon was admitted to the hospital on January 4, 2012, for treatment of “mild kidney failure,” and again on February 17, 2012, for a pulmonary embolism. On March 5, 2012, he revealed that his kidney problems were caused by lupus nephritis.