Facts of Ramesh Balwani:
|Full Name:||Ramesh Balwani|
|Education:||University of Texas|
|Net Worth:||$85 million|
|Height:||5 feet 0 inches (1.52m)|
Ramesh Balwani is a successful businessman from the United States of America. Ramesh Balwani was the former president of Theranos Biotechnology, a privately held health-tech firm. He’s also a former CEO of Theranos.
What is the Age of Ramesh Balwani?
Balwani, Ramesh, is a 55-year-old Indian businessman. On June 13, 1965, he was born into a Hindu family in Pakistan. His exact date of birth, however, is a mystery, as Wikipedia lists him as having been born between March and June 1965.
His family later relocated to India because it was difficult for them to survive in Pakistan as Hindus. Then he and his family relocated to America. There is no information about his parents or family members in his personal life. He is of Asian ethnicity and belongs to the Indian-American nationality.
Schooling of Ramesh Balwani
Ramesh Balwani enrolled at the University of Texas at Austin in 1986 as a member of the Pakistani Students Association. He has a bachelor’s degree in Artificial Intelligence and Information Systems. In 2003, he returned to school in California, Berkeley, to pursue a master’s degree in business administration. He met Elizabeth Holmes during his time at Berkeley.
She was a senior in high school when this happened. He also spent another four years at Stanford University, where he dropped out of a computer science graduate program in 2009.
How much is Ramesh Balwani Net Worth?
He hasn’t been nominated or given an award, according to sources. He is, however, extremely diligent. At the moment, Ramesh Balwani is unemployed. He was employed by Theranos until 2018. As of 2020, his net worth will be assessed. He had a net worth of $85 million at one point. Theranos has now ceased to exist as a corporation. At this time, his net worth is zero.
Who is the Wife of Ramesh Balwani?
Ramesh Balwani married Japanese artist Keiko Fujimoto, but they divorced in 2004. Their marriage is not well-documented. They eventually parted ways, though. In addition, Balwani has dated Elizabeth Holmes in the past. They met in Berkeley, California, in 2003, when Holmes was a Senior High School student of 18 years old.
Furthermore, until Holmes revealed their romantic relationship during her 2017 deposition, no one knew about it. They ended their relationship because of a variety of professional and personal issues. Elizabeth has been engaged to William Billy Evans, her fiance. In 2019, he is employed by Luminar Technology as a special projects manager.
Rumors of Ramesh Balwani
Ramesh Balwani has been involved in numerous controversies during his tenure at Theranos. He had no background in biology or medical technology. However, he continued to serve as the president of Theranos, a blood-testing firm. He has also been embroiled in controversy as a result of his actions.
The Securities and Exchange Commission has charged and is following Theranos founder Elizabeth Holmes and former COO Ramesh Balwani with massive fraud. Balwani, on the other hand, claims that he is not guilty as charged and that, as his attorney stated in March 2019, he will fight the charges in court. He could face a sentence of up to 20 years in prison if he is convicted as charged.
How Tall is Ramesh Balwani?
Balwani stands at 5 feet 7 inches tall and weighs 68 kilograms, according to online sources. In addition, he has black eyes and hair. Apart from that, nothing is known about her other actions.
Career Line of Ramesh Balwani
- Balwani worked for Lotus software and Microsoft before founding Commercebid, according to his LinkedIn career. Balwani joined Theranos in 2009, just a few years after Holmes established the company.
- He’d never had any formal training in biological sciences or medical devices, which he quickly discovered was a problem. He dropped his chemical engineering degree because he was focusing solely on Theranos.
- In the same way, his treatment of Theranos employees was unprofessional. He was overbearing, unyielding, and demanding, according to his workers.
- In addition, he was paranoid about corporate espionage and tried to keep company matters under wraps.
- Furthermore, Theranos claimed to have created devices that would use microscopic blood volumes to automate and miniaturize blood tests. The blood collection vessel and analysis machine of the device were given the names “nanotainer” and “Edison” by the workers.
- He even went so far as to compare the invention of antibiotics to the device. Balwani, too, had a habit of talking about things he didn’t understand, which the workers picked up on.
- According to a report published in October 2015, Theranos’ Edison blood-testing device provides false medical diagnoses and results. As a result, the device failed several quality-control tests and produced highly variable results.
- Similarly, in April 2016, the company was forced to invalidate all of the machine’s test results from 2014 and 2015.
- Despite running the tests on traditional machines, they had to invalidate the results of several other tests.
- Following an inspection of Theranos’ Newark laboratory, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) issued a letter of warning to the company in January 2016.
- Balwani should be barred from owning or operating a blood lab for two years, according to the CMS, because the company was unable to correct the problems in its California lab.