Facts of Son Ye-jin
|Full Name:||Eon-jin Son|
|Net Worth:||$20 million|
|Height:||5 feet 5 inches|
|Education:||Seoul Institute of the Arts (Film)|
Son Ye-jin is a well-known South Korean actress. Son Ye-jin rose to prominence for her roles in popular films and TV dramas such as ‘Crash Landing on You,’ ‘A Moment to Remember,’ ‘My Wife Got Married,’ and ‘Lovers’ Concerto,’ among others.
Is Son Ye-jin dating someone?
Son Ye-jin confirmed her relationship with actor Hyun Bin on January 1st, 2021. The lovers are also co-stars in The Negotiation and Crash Landing on You. The actress swims for exercise and owns two buildings in Seoul, South Korea. The actress has received a total of 50 awards from 72 nominations. Similarly, Son Ye-jin has been practicing Pilates for 10 years and holds a pilates instructor’s certificate as of 2018.
How old is Son Ye-jin?
Son Ye-jin was born on January 11, 1982, and she will be 39 years old in 2021. She is from Daegu’s Suseong District. Son Eon-jin is her given name in Korean and Hanja. Similarly, Son Ye-jin is written in Korean as and in Hanja as.
Her alma mater is the Seoul Institute of the Arts, where she majored in film. Son Ye-jin has not revealed much about her parents, siblings, or other family members. However, there is information that Ye-jin has an older sister and two nephews.
How much is Son Ye-jin’s Net Worth?
She started her page on June 16, 2010, and over 1.8 million people have followed her journey on this platform. Son Yejin and MSteam Entertainment manage Son Yejin’s official Facebook page. Moving on, Son Ye-net jin’s worth is estimated to be around $20 million.
How tall is Son Ye-jin?
Son Ye-jin is approximately 1.65 meters (5 feet 5 inches) tall and weighs approximately 45 kgs. Likewise, her chest-waist-hip measurements are 32-24-33 inches. Ye-jin has dark brown hair and brown eyes.
Career line of Son Ye-jin
- Son Ye-jin is a well-known South Korean actress. She rose to prominence in romance-themed films and TV shows such as The Classic, Summer Scent, A Moment to Remember, and April Snow. The actress has received acting accolades for her versatility in a variety of genres.
- Alone in Love, My Wife Got Married, The Pirates, The Truth Beneath, and The Last Princess are among the notable projects for which she received awards. Similarly, Ye-jin is well-known for her leading roles in romance dramas such as Something in the Rain and Crash Landing on You.
- Son Ye-jin, an actress, provided the voice of Jung Mi-jo in the 2000 film Secret Tears. Similarly, the actress went on to play the lead in the TV dramas Delicious Proposal, Sun-hee and Jin-hee, and Great Ambition. Chi-hwa-seon was Ye-first jin’s prominent film role. This film was shown at Cannes and won the award for “Best Director” in 2002.
- The films Lovers’ Concerto and The Classic were the actress’s early successes. In 2003, the actress cemented her status as a Hallyu (Korean Wave) star. It was through her lead role in the TV drama Summer Scent.
- Ye-next jin’s two films were also huge hits in East Asia. They were A Moment to Remember and April Snow. Ye-jin appeared in the latter alongside superstar Bae Yong-joon. Soon after, the actress, who portrayed a pure and innocent image in her films The Classic and A Moment to Remember, was dubbed the “Nation’s First Love” in Korea.
- Son Ye-jin became the highest-paid Korean actress in Korean TV series in 2006. It was when the actress was guaranteed a talent fee of KRW 50 million (plus incentive) per episode for her lead role in Alone in Love.
- Son Ye-jin then shed her nice girl persona in her subsequent projects. The actress played a con artist in The Art of Seduction, an ambitious reporter in Spotlight, a femme fatale in Open City, and a divorcee in Alone in Love.
- Ye-jin played a polyandrous woman in the 2008 film My Wife Got Married. This role earned her “Best Actress” honors from the prestigious Blue Dragon Film Awards and other local award-giving bodies.
- After completing the dark mystery White Night, actress Son Ye-jin desired a lighter project. As a result, the actress chose the romantic comedy series Personal Taste and the horror-romantic comedy film Spellbound.
- In 2012, she starred in her first blockbuster, The Tower. In 2013, she returned to television. It was for her role in the revenge drama Shark. As a result, she headlined Blood and Ties, a thriller about a daughter who suspects her father is involved in a kidnapping-murder case.
- In addition, the actress reunited with Shark co-star Kim Nam-gil in the 2014 period adventure film The Pirates. Son Ye-jin won the Grand Bell Awards for “Best Actress” for her performance in this role. The Pirates, along with Son Ye Jin’s other films, The Tower and The Last Princess, is one of Korea’s highest-grossing films of all time.
- In addition, the actress appeared in the black comedy Bad Guys Always Die, opposite Taiwanese actor Chen Bolin. It is a Chinese-Korean co-production that was shot on Jeju Island.
- Son Ye-jin reunited with My Wife Got Married co-star Kim Joo-hyuk in the 2016 drama The Truth Beneath. It’s a political thriller in which the actress received praise for her performance. Ye-jin was named “Best Actress” at the 25th Buil Film Awards and the 17th Busan Film Critics Awards for her work on this project.
- Son Ye-jin later portrayed Princess Deokhye in the biopic The Last Princess. Critics praised Son Ye-jin for her outstanding performance in portraying the unfathomable depths of Deokhye’s emotional ups and downs. This role also earned her a slew of awards.
- Son Ye-jin co-starred in the romance film Be with You with So Ji-sub in 2018. The same year, the actress returned to television after a five-year absence with the romance drama Something in the Rain. The actress received a lot of praise for her work on this project. She also appeared in the crime thriller The Negotiation, alongside popular actor Hyun Bin.
- She took on the role of a professional negotiator attempting to save hostages.
- Similarly, in 2019, Son Ye-jin reunited with actor Hyun Bin in the hit romance drama Crash Landing on You. She portrayed a wealthy heiress who falls in love with a North Korean commission officer. This drama was a huge success, and it is the third-highest-rated Korean drama in cable TV history.
- Son Ye-jin will also make her Hollywood debut in 2022, when she will co-star in the upcoming film The Cross with Sam Worthington from Avatar. The production of this upcoming film is scheduled to begin in April 2021 in Hwaseong City, South Korea.