Facts of Sofia Coppola
|Full Name:||Sofia Carmina Coppola|
|Age:||50 years old|
|Birthday:||May 14 1971|
|Birthplace:||New York, USA|
|Net Worth:||$35 million|
|Profession:||Filmmaker and Actress|
Sofia Coppola is an American filmmaker and actress best known as the daughter of “Godfather” director Francis Ford Coppola. She is best known for directing the film “Lost in Translation,” which was nominated for Academy Awards in the categories of “Best Picture” and “Best Director” in 2003. In 1972, she made her actress debut as Michael Francis Rizzi in The Godfather.
Her contribution, however, went unnoticed. In 1983, she made her credited theatrical film debut in The Outsiders. She also played Mary Corleone, Michael Corleone’s daughter, in The Godfather Part III (1990).
What is the Age of Sofia Coppola?
Sofia Coppola was given the birth name Sofia Carmina Coppola on May 14, 1971. She is from New York City, in the United States. Her nationality is American, and her ethnicity is Mixed, as she has Italian ancestry on her father’s side and English ancestry on her mother’s side.
Her father, Francis Ford Coppola, and mother, Eleanor Coppola, were her parents. Her parents are both working as film directors. Furthermore, she has two siblings: Gian-Carlo Coppola (Older Brother) (Producer) and Roman Coppola (Older Brother) (Screenwriter and Producer).
Gian-Carlo, her brother, died in a speedboating accident in 1981. As of 2021, she will be 50 years old. Tausu is her Zodiac sign, and she practices Christianity. In terms of education, she attended and graduated from St. Helena High School in Napa Valley, California, in 1989.
She later enrolled at Mills College in Oakland, California. She then attended the California Institute of the Arts. She later dropped out of college to launch her own clothing line.
What is the Net Worth of Sofia Coppola?
Sofia Coppola is a film director and actress. Sofia Coppola’s net worth is estimated to be $40 million as of 2022. Her primary source of income is her filmmaking career. Some of her wealth is also inherited, as her father is a legendary film director, such as The Godfather. Her exact salary and career earnings are still unknown, but there is no doubt that she is earning millions of dollars. She is currently living a lavish lifestyle. She has previously collaborated with Louis Vuitton on their handbag line.
Who is Sofia Coppola’s Husband?
Sofia Coppola is married to her handsome musician husband, Thomas Mars. They married on August 27, 2011. Their wedding ceremony took place at the Palazzo Margherita in Bernalda, Italy. The couple first met while working on the soundtrack for The Virgin Suicides.
Romy Croquet (born November 8, 2006) and Cosima Croquet, the couple’s first daughter, are also blessed with two children (born 18th May 2010). Her sexual orientation is heterosexual.
She previously married Pike Jonze in 1999. In 2003, their marriage ended in divorce. In addition, she dated Keanu Reeves from 1991 to 1992.
What is the Height of Sofia Coppola?
Sofia is a lovely actress with a height of 5 ft 5.5 in or 166 cm and a weight of 55 kg or 121 lbs. Her eyes are light brown, and her hair is also light brown. She has a lovely dimple smile. Her other body size has yet to be revealed. She has a healthy body overall.
Sofia Coppola’s Career Line
- Sofia began her acting career as a child actress in 1972 with the film “The Godfather.”
- Following that, she appeared in her father’s films The Outsiders (1983), in a scene in which Matt Dillon, Tommy Howell, and Ralph Macchio eat at a Dairy Queen; Rumble Fish (1983); The Cotton Club (1984); and Peggy Sue Got Married (1986), in which she played Kathleen Turner’s sister Nancy.
- Following that, she portrayed an immigrant child in The Godfather Part II and Michael Corleone’s daughter in The Godfather Part III.
- She then appeared in the independent film “Inside Monkey Zetterland” in 1992, as well as “Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace” in 1999.
- She made her feature film directorial debut with “The Virgin Suicides” (1999). “Lost in Translation” was her second feature (2003). “Marie Antoinette,” her third film, was a biopic (2006). Her fourth film, “Somewhere,” was shot at Chateau Marmont.
- Her next film was “The Bling Ring,” which was released in 2013, followed by “A Very Murray Christmas,” which was released in December 2015.
- She later directed “The Beguiled” (2017). She collaborated with Bill Murray on “On the Rocks,” a film starring Murray and Rashida Jones. It had a limited theatrical release on October 2, 2020, by A24, and a digital streaming release on October 23, 2020, by Apple TV+.
- In 2003, she won an Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay for her work in Lost in Translation.
- In 2003, she received a Golden Globe Award for Best Screenplay for her work in Lost in Translation.
- In 2003, he received Independent Spirit Awards for Best Film, Best Director, and Best Screenplay.
- In 2006, she won Festival awards for her performance in “Marie Antoinette.”
- In 2017, she won Festival awards for her performance in “The Beguiled.”
- In 2001, The Virgin Suicides won the Young Hollywood Award for best director.
- Lost in Translation won an Oscar for best writing in 2004.
- Someone received a Special Achievement Award for writing, directing, and producing.
- Razzie Award for Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace in 2000, Razzie Award for Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace in 2010