Education is a two-way process: the act of teaching knowledge to others and receiving knowledge from someone. It is the process of facilitating learning, or the acquisition of skills, morals, values, beliefs and knowledge. Education brings positive changes in human behavior.
Learning is the process of acquiring new things or ideas. Children are always learning. Learning occurs in preschoolers by observing and imitating the world around them. Some learn by playing, watching and doing activities. Several activities help kids to explore themselves in the world. Kids education gained worldwide importance- because it is the most significant task performed by parents and teachers to better their children’s future.
Importance Of Education For Kids
Education is an essential factor for kids as they are the future of the nation. Children require the knowledge to keep updating on current affairs. Education plays a vital role in children’s overall development.
- Education helps to build the overall personality of the children and makes them aware of their surroundings
- Education enhances the spirit of competition and personality development.
- Education explores children to new ideas and guides them to make a path for their future.
- Education for children helps to eradicate social practices like child labor.
- It helps to improve the nation’s economy and growth.
- Education is vital for children as they bring social values to adulthood to strengthen their nation’s social community.
- Education assists to decide the children’s behavior, how they face challenges and obstacles, aspirations and learning to achieve success.
- Education builds teamwork and discipline.
Activities For Kids Education
The overall development of the child depends on the education he/she provided. These are some activities that involve kids engaged in learning.
- Play learning games
- Learn phonics basics
- Identify color
- Practice writing
- Develop counting skills
- Enrich kids mind with melodious music
- Try simple science experiments at home.
- Play solving Riddles with your kids.
Riddles as Learning Activity for kindergarten
A riddle is a word puzzle in which one can ask a confusing question, and the other has to guess the answer. The Puzzle is a question that has a surprising or amusing answer. The key to solving the riddles is to realize that one of the words is being used in an unexpected way.
Puzzles create critical thinking and problem-solving skills, which help raise children’s IQ. Preparing worksheets on composing some tricky riddles for kids can make kids learning easy and enjoyable. Riddle allows children to improve their thinking ability and creativity.
Example: you can touch me, but I can’t touch you back, you can see me, but I can only reflect you but can never reject you. What am I?
Answer: A Mirror.
This riddle motivates children to think outside the box and consider the clues from different and new angles. We must encourage kids by giving them a hint about the word ‘reflect’ to think and know its meaning.
Benefits of Riddles in educating Kids
- Brain Teaser
- Better visual-spatial reasoning
- Greater notice to detail
- Improve memory
- Expand your IQ
- Improve problem-solving creativity.
- Increased productivity
- Better collaboration and teamwork
- Better mood
- Decrease stress level
Riddles For Kids
Riddles are just brain-twisters that use language. They help children to exercise their brain in different ways than they usually do.
List of some best riddles with answers.
- People have stepped on me, but not many. I never stay full for long. I have a dark side. What am I?
Answer: The moon.
2. I am always running but never get tired and hot. What am I?
Answer: The refrigerator
3.I am light and seem to have no substance at all, but even the strongest person in the world can not hold me for very long. What am I?
4.It belongs to you, but your friends use it more. What is it?
Answer: Your name.
5. What has hands and a face but can’t hold anything or smile?
Answer: A clock
6. If you don’t keep me, I will break. What am i?
Answer: A promise
7.I have a tail and head, but no body. What am I?
Answer: A coin
8. What two things can you never eat for breakfast?
Answer: Lunch And Dinner
9. There is only one word in the dictionary that is spelt wrong. What is it?
Answer: The word “Wrong”
10. What goes up but never comes down?
Answer: Your age.
Riddles are perfect for children because they will eventually help them with critical thinking and problem-solving skills. They assist them in learning new vocabulary and reading in a new way. Riddles can be great for all ages.