Even number refer to the arithmetic values that are divisible by 2. These can be also defined as numbers that can be categorized into two equal parts. For example, six balls can be further categorized into two pairs of three balls respectively. Therefore all the numbers that can be divided into two equal parts and are divisible by 2 are referred to as even numbers. Even numbers can also be defined as the numbers that when divided by 2 gives a reminder that is 0.
For example, Number 10 when divided by 2 leaves a remainder 0 and quotient 5. Therefore, all the numbers like 2, 6, and 10 are even.
On the other hand, odd numbers are those which are not divisible by 2, and when divided by 2 leave a reminder. There are various properties of even numbers that can help in their better understanding:
- Addition of two even numbers also results in its even number. For example: 6 + 6 = 12 etc.
- Some of an odd number and an even number is also an even number. For example: 8 + 3 = 11
- Adding two even numbers also results in an even number. For example: 7 + 5 = 12.
- Subtraction of two even numbers results in an even number. For example: 8 – 2 = 6.
- Also, the difference between two odd numbers also creates an even number. For example: 9 – 3 = 6.
- Multiplying the two even numbers also results in an even number. Also, the multiplication of an even number with an odd number creates an even number at the same time. For example: 9 x 2 = 18.
- All the even numbers and with the digits 0, 2, 4, 6, and 8.
READ MORE: Live Ipl Mhdtvlive
2. Identification whether a number is even or odd?
The easiest way of checking whether a number is even or odd is to identify its last digit. If the last digit of a number that is the digit at once place is 0, 2, 4, 6, or 8 then the number is even.
Moreover, one can divide the number by 2 to identify whether it is even or odd. If the remainder comes out to be 0 then the number is said to be even. For example Number 1162 when divided by 2 leaves a remainder zero. Therefore, the number 1162 is an even number.
On the other hand, all the numbers which leave a reminder other than 0 are considered to be odd numbers. For example, 1173 is an odd number as it leaves a remainder 1.
3. What types of numbers are even or odd numbers?
Only integers can be even or odd. Decimal numbers and fractions cannot be considered to be even or odd. For example, 1.3 and 2/3 are decimal numbers and fractions respectively. These are neither even nor odd. Also, all-natural numbers are considered to be even or odd and can be easily identified through division by 2.
READ MORE: How much water to drink in a day according to weight kg
4. Is 0 an even or odd number?
0 is an even number. All the numbers which are completely divisible by 2 and leave a reminder zero are considered to be even numbers. 0 Is an even number as it can be divided by two and also leaves a remainder 0.
Moreover, even numbers have another property when the digit at the one place of a number is 0, 2, 4, 6, or 8 then the number is considered to be even. Then by the same principle 0 is an even number too.
Understanding even and odd numbers help in the creation of a strong foundation for mathematics. Cuemath makes available the best learning solutions online that can help students to learn about even and odd numbers. Online videos, learning modules, and other anniversary information are made available online that can be accessed easily. Various properties and concepts of even and odd numbers can be understood and enable its applications. Study materials and guides help in making learning interactive.