Description: Whether you’re starting your day, looking to lose weight, or looking for an extra energy boost for a workout, these healthy drinks can boost your energy with no jitters. They’re delicious, less expensive, and much healthier than store-bought beverages.
A healthy lifestyle can help you prevent so many medical conditions related to lifestyles such as obesity, diabetes, heart disease, sleep apnea, stroke, osteoarthritis, and some types of cancer. Sodas, energy drinks, and other sugary drinks are filled with artificial ingredients harmful to your health. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of five healthy drinks that you can make at home using the best ninja blender.
These homemade healthy drinks will help boost your metabolism, keep away hunger pangs, and provide you with an energy boost to get through your workout. What drinks are healthy?
1. Cherry Lime Electrolyte & Energy Drink
Most energy drinks on the market contain an astonishing amount of caffeine, as much as three cans of coke. While caffeine gives you a rush, consuming that much caffeine can make you jittery and shaky, and you’re guaranteed to experience a massive crash afterward. Making your healthy drink at home using little caffeine provides you with an extra energy boost without the crashing or jittery effects of caffeine.
The Cherry Lime Electrolyte & Energy Drink is a sugar-free healthy drink that relies on the natural sugar in fruit and incorporates lightly caffeinated unsweetened green tea. You can make your unsweetened green tea or use store-bought, but be sure to check that it doesn’t contain anything else.
This recipe also includes watermelon, lime, cherry, and honey. Watermelon is highly hydrating and contains Vitamins A & C and amino acids that aid circulation. It also helps lower inflammation and relieves muscle soreness. Limes and cherries also have anti-inflammatory properties, while honey provides slow-burning energy and acts as a natural sweetener. This makes the Cherry Lime Electrolyte & Energy Drink one of the best healthy drinks to lose weight.
- 6 pitted cherries
- 2 tsp honey
- ¼ cup watermelon
- 2 limes
- 20 oz unsweetened green tea
- Juice the limes and put it into a blender along with the watermelon, cherries, and honey
- Blend for about a minute
- Divide the resulting mixture into 2 ounces and place them in two bottles
- Put 10 ounces of the unsweetened green tea in each bottle
- You can keep this healthy drink in the fridge for up to five days
2. Apple Cider Vinegar with Lemon and Berries Healthy Drink
Apple cider vinegar is a popular healthy drink to lose weight, and for a good reason. A study found that obese adults who consumed two tablespoons of this healthy drink for 12 weeks lost 1.81kg. This is because apple cider vinegar contains acetic acid, which promotes fat loss by reducing fat storage, increasing fat burning, reducing appetite, and improving blood sugar and insulin response.
Apple cider vinegar is a healthy breakfast drink. Before taking your breakfast or any other meal, it helps prevent you from eating above your caloric intake.
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp frozen berries
- 1 tsp honey (optional)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Ice and water
- Place the berries into a cup
- Mash the berries using a spoon
- If you want to sweeten this healthy drink, add honey to the mixture
- Pour apple cider vinegar and lemon juice into the cup
- Add ice before filling to the brim with water
- Use a spoon to mix the drink for at least a minute before drinking it
3. Rooibos Iced Tea
This healthy drink is an excellent substitute for the store-bought iced teas full of artificial ingredients and sugar. With rooibos iced tea, you get to enjoy a hydrating healthy drink besides water.
It’s naturally flavored with fresh herbs, raw honey, and lemon. It contains manganese, which plays a vital role in protein and amino acid digestion and utilization and the metabolism of carbohydrates and cholesterol. This healthy drink is also rich in other essential minerals like iron, potassium, zinc, magnesium, calcium, copper, and alpha hydroxy acid.
Rooibos iced tea also boosts your antioxidants, lowers cancer risks, promotes weight loss, and lower blood pressure. It’s a healthy drink to make for people with kidney stones as it doesn’t contain oxalic acid.
- 6 rooibos teabags
- 1 sliced lemon
- 20 mint leaves
- Sugar to taste
- 1 gallon of boiling water
- Place the tea bags, mint leaves, lemon, and sugar in a large pot
- Pour boiling water into the pot and let it steep for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Let the tea cool down for 30 minutes
- Remove the tea bags and place the iced tea in the container and let it chill in the fridge
- Serve over ice
4. Mango Pineapple Agua Fresca Healthy Drink
This healthy drink is easy to make and is non-alcoholic, making it a healthy drink for toddlers. Agua frescas are light, blended, and refreshing healthy drinks and are typically made from blending fruits, flowers, grains, or seeds with lime juice and sugar. These delicious healthy drinks make for a fantastic way to stay cool and hydrated.
If you aren’t a big fan of drinking juice because of how sweet they usually are, you’re going to love this healthy juice drink. This agua fresca is light, fruity, and not too sweet. The flavor combinations for this healthy drink are endless. You can use watermelon, strawberries, cucumber, guava, papaya, cantaloupe, or honeydew. Pineapple agua fresca is popular for its mouth-watering appeal, but adding mango takes it to a whole other level of deliciousness.
Mango pineapple agua fresco is healthy and is packed with nutrients such as Vitamins A & C, folate, potassium, phytochemicals, and antioxidants. These nutrients boost your immunity, support heart health, improve digestion, regulates diabetes, improve eye, hair, and skin health, reduce the risk for some cancers, and promote weight loss.
- 3 cups of peeled and sliced mangoes
- 4 cups of cored, peeled, and diced pineapples
- 2 cups of water
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 2-3 tsp simple syrup
- Add the mangoes and pineapple, lime juice, syrup, and two cups of water into the blender
- Blend until completely smooth
- Add more water if you need a thinner consistency
- Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a large pitcher
- Chill completely before serving or serve immediately over ice
5. Lemon-Thyme Green Tea
Thyme tea is one of the most popular and healthy herbal teas. Although it’s commonly used in culinary applications, this herb also makes flavorful tea. It contains several potent active ingredients, making it a powerful, healthy remedy. Lemon thyme green tea is a healthy drink for kids and adults due to the tons of benefits it offers.
It contains antioxidants like carvacrol and thymol and nutrients such as Vitamins A & C, copper, potassium, iron, phosphorus, and manganese. These compounds are responsible for this tea’s health benefits. This healthy hot drink has a calming effect, improves digestion, promotes weight loss, boosts your immune system, improves cognition, promotes heart health, and helps alleviate menstrual cramps.
- 8 green tea teabags
- 4 cups of water
- 12 fresh lemon thyme sprigs
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- 4 tsp honey
- Sugar to taste
- Bring water to a boil in a pot
- Remove from heat and add lemon thyme sprigs and teabags
- Cover and let it steep for 3 minutes
- Remove the tea bags and let it steep for another 3 minutes
- Strain the tea and add stir in lemon juice and honey
- Serve immediately
These homemade healthy drinks are the best way to live a healthy lifestyle and achieve your weight loss goals. They’re highly nutritious, just like healthy protein drinks, and are extremely easy to make. Do you have any other recipes for healthy drinks? Please let us know in the comments.