Today we will discuss how to add minerals to the RO purified water. When you first read or think about adding minerals again into your Reverse osmosis purified water, you will be surprised. Most people are in the notion that RO water is sufficient and purest form of water to drink. But the fact is totally different from what many of us think.
What is an RO water Purifier ?
- The Most common water purification method in the modern world is RO ( reveres osmosis).
- It was developed in Northern America in the 70s.
- A long time has passed and the same technology is being used to deliver pure water till date.
- There were some additions like UF ( ultra filtration ) and UV ( Ultra violet ) Filtration.
- These 2 new technologies enhanced the water quality and removed all microbial threats from water.
Read in depth about What Is RO Purification ? (Reverse Osmosis )
Why do we need an RO water purifier ?
- We need RO water purifiers to drink pure and contaminant free water.
- RO water is still the most safer water in the word.
- RO water is comparatively cheaper than bottled water.
- RO water is easily available at your home or office.
Read in depth about RO Water purifier- A necessity of Every Home
Read in depth about Why do I Need an RO Water Purifier ?
Read in depth about Bottled Water vs RO Purified Water, which is better ?
How RO water Purification Works ?
- RO water Purifiers are usually 6 stage water filtering machines.
- These 6 stages are pre filters, sediment filters, carbon filters, RO, UV, UF.
- RO is the main filter which purifies the water and brings down the TDS by 90%.
- RO Membrane is capable of converting hard water into soft water.
- A high pressure RO pump is used to push the water thru the RO membrane.
- RO membrane separates pure and dirty water to different supply lines.
- The pores in RO membranes are as small as 0.0001 Micron.
- Such tiny pores ensure that only water molecules are able to pass thru them.
What are the Disadvantages of RO Purified Water ?
- RO membranes are designed to stop all solids that may be present in the water.
- These membranes cant determine between good and bad minerals.
- After the RO process is completed, the pure water has very low TDS.
- Water with very low TDS is dangerous for human health.
- Low TDS water dissolves very quickly, it can dissolve easily with the material in which it is stored. ( like the plastic, steel tank )
- When you drink such water you feel fatigue and less energetic.
- Long term use of such water can cause many deficiency and major diseases.
- RO membrane tends to make water acidic as the pH level of water drops after RO filtration.
Read in depth about Do We Get Pure and Fresh water from RO filtration ?
Read in depth about Are there any Minerals in Tap Water?
How to add Minerals to RO Purified Water ?
- There are 2 ways that can be used to add minerals in RO water.
- The first is to install a TDS controller in Your RO
- The Second is to Install a mineral cartridge in your RO.
- TDS controller is small device that will release normal water in purified water to maintain TDS balance.
- A mineral cartridge passes water through it chambers and mineralizes your RO filtered water.
Read in depth about : Mineralizer Cartridge VS TDS Controller for RO, Which is better ?
Read in depth about : Answered : Is TDS Controller Safe for our Health ?
How to make RO water Alkaline ?
- As we know that RO water becomes slightly acidic after processing.
- You can install an alkaline cartridge for maintaining the ph balance.
- Before you install the alkaline cartridge, buy the pH tester and verify the current level of pH at your home.
- Drinking water pH between 7 and 8 is considered good.
- Any low or higher value of pH in your water can be dangerous for your health.
Read benefits and Dangers of Alkaline water
Now its Your Turn
You have learned how to add Minerals back into your RO Purified Water, these will enhance your overall drinking water quality. Its time for you to choose which option you want to install in your RO.
If you choose to add an Alkaline cartridge to your RO. Then install only the best Aquafresh Prime Bio Mineral Cartridge with following features. Anti bacterial and anti oxidants, Mineral and Alkaline function.
If you wish to Deploy the TDS controller in your RO, then choose the one with the screw based function for better performance. And don't forget to buy a TDS tester for proper verification of the TDS in your water. Check the TDS of water before and after you make the adjustments to TDS controller.
If you are not the DIY guy/girl then play safe and call a local plumber or RO technician they might charge between 200 to 300 for installation of these parts.
Thinking of buying genuine and best rates RO spares ? You are the right place. Visit our online wholesale price RO spares shop.
Want to Watch Video of how to Add Minerals to RO Purified Water. Watch it on YouTube.
We have more resources for you to read.
- Alkaline RO Water Purifier VS RO Water Purifier
- RO vs UV, Which is Best for You ?
- Water Helps to Lose Weight, 7 Easy Tips
- What is Drinking Water Purification ? All Methods Explained
- Acne treatment with Water, 100% Reliable Method
Compare the Best Water Purifiers in India
- Aquafresh Water Purifier Discount Code and Coupons
- Kent Grand vs Pureit Ultima Comparison, Which is Cost Effective ?
- Bluestar Prisma vs Aquafresh comparison
- Aquafresh vs Kent Supreme Comparison
- Bluestar Iris Edge vs Aquafresh Prime comparison