Facts of Michael Jordan
|Full Name:||Michael Jordan|
|Net Worth:||$2.1 billion|
|Height:||6 feet 5 inches (1.96m)|
|Sibling:||Four (Larry, Deloris, Roslyn, and James Jr. Jordan)|
Michael Jordan is a former American basketball player who led the Chicago Bulls to six NBA championships and five times won the Most Valuable Player Award. Olympic athlete, businessman, and actor Michael Jordan, regarded as one of the greatest basketball players of all time, dominated the sport from the mid-1980s to the late 1990s.
How old is Michael Jordan?
Michael Jordan was born Michael Jeffrey Jordan on February 17, 1963, in Brooklyn, New York, USA. He was the fourth of five children born to James and Deloris. Similarly, he was born with American nationality and the Aquarius zodiac sign. Jordan grew up in a stable family in Wilmington, North Carolina. Delores, his mother, was a bank teller who went on to write several books. His father, James, was a General Electric maintenance worker who rose through the ranks to become a manager. He had four siblings: Larry, Deloris, Roslyn, and James Jr. Jordan was born with a competitive spirit.
Jordan was determined to win every game he played. Jordan’s father, James, introduced him to baseball and built a basketball court in their backyard. James was killed in the summer of 1993 by two teenagers who shot him in his car during an apparent robbery while he was driving from Charlotte to Wilmington, North Carolina. He was missing for 11 days before his body was discovered in a swamp in McColl, South Carolina. The teenagers were convicted of the crime and sentenced to life in prison for first-degree murder.
Education of Michael Jordan
Jordan attended Emsley A. Laney High School. Then, in 1981, he enrolled at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where he quickly became an important member of the school’s basketball team. Jordan scored the game-winning basket in the NCAA Division I championship game against Georgetown University in 1982. Jordan left college after his junior year to join the NBA in 1984. Jordan completed his bachelor’s degree in geography in 1985 while continuing to play professional basketball.
How much is Michael Jordan’s Net Worth?
Michael Jordan is the third wealthiest African American. A 56,000-square-foot mansion with a state-of-the-art gym, an NBA regulation-size basketball court, a tennis court, a putting green, and a three-bedroom guest house is valued at $29 million. His net worth, however, is estimated to be around $2.1 billion.
Is Michael Jordan married?
Michael Jordan married Juanita Jordan on September 2, 1989, and the couple divorced on December 29, 2006. They were the parents of three kids. Jordan then married Yvette Prieto on April 27, 2013 at the Bethesda-by-the-Sea Episcopal Church. Jordan has five children: Jasmine M. Jordan, Jeffrey Michael Jordan, Ysabel Jordan, Victoria Jordan, and Marcus Jordan.
How tall is Michael Jordan?
Jordan is 6’6″ tall and weighs 98 kg. He is an athlete, so he has an athletic body. Furthermore, he has dark brown eyes and previously had black hair, but he is now bald. Jordan also has a dark skin tone.
Career line of Michael Jordan
- Jordan began his professional basketball career in 1984, when he was drafted by the Chicago Bulls. He was the third overall pick, trailing Hakeem Olajuwon, who was chosen first by the Houston Rockets, and Sam Bowie, who was chosen by the Portland Trail Blazers; the draft also included legendary players John Stockton and Charles Barkley.
- Jordan made his Olympic debut as a member of the United States Olympic basketball team during the summer of 1984. Jordan quickly proved himself on the court. He helped the team make the playoffs and averaged 28.2 points per game that season. He became the first player since Wilt Chamberlain to score more than 3,000 points in a single season.
- By the late 1980s, the Chicago Bulls were quickly becoming a force to be reckoned with, and Jordan was an integral part of the team’s success. The Bulls advanced to the Eastern Conference Finals in 1990 and won their first NBA championship the following year, defeating the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Jordan was well-known at the time for his superior athleticism on the court as well as his leadership abilities.
- The Chicago Bulls won their second NBA title in 1992, defeating the Portland Trail Blazers. The team won their third championship the following year, dominating the basketball world.
- Jordan returned to basketball for the Chicago Bulls in March 1995, after a brief stint in minor league baseball. He returned even stronger the following season, averaging 30.4 points per game as he led the Bulls to a then-record 72 regular-season wins before defeating the Seattle SuperSonics in the NBA finals.
- Chicago nearly matched the previous year’s record with 69 wins in 1996-97, a season that culminated in a six-game victory over the Utah Jazz in the NBA Finals. In 1998, the two teams met again for the championship, with Jordan sinking the game-winning shot in Game 6 to claim his sixth NBA title.
- After his second retirement from basketball in 1999, Jordan joined the Washington Wizards as a part-owner and president of basketball operations in 2000.
- Jordan left these roles in the fall of 2001 to return to the court. He played for the Wizards for two seasons before retiring for good in 2003. Jordan retired from basketball three times in the 19 years since he began his professional career. He first retired in 1993, then again in 1998, before finally hanging up his jersey for good in 2003.
Awards and Nominations of Michael Jordan
Jordan was named NBA Rookie of the Year and was selected for the All-Star Game as a result of his efforts. Jordan’s team won gold in the 1984 Olympic Games in Los Angeles. Similarly, the Chicago Bulls won their first NBA championship the following year, defeating the Los Angeles Lakers. The Chicago Bulls won their second NBA title in 1992, defeating the Portland Trail Blazers. Jordan later assisted the American team in winning the gold medal at the 1992 Olympic Games in Barcelona, Spain.