How To Make-Lauki ki sabzi for weight loss - lauki ki healthy sabzi / ghiya ki sabzi / Loki ki sabji in Hindi Melt body ...
Lauki Ki Sabzi for Weight Loss
Bottle gourd or Lauki is very helpful in weight loss. It is used in different ways as if its harvesting is done in its young stage then it can be consumed as a vegetable or if the harvesting is done in a mature stage than it can be used as a utensil, pipe or a bottle.
The color of the bottle gourd is yellowish-green and its shape is similar to a bottle. Inside this bottle-shaped vegetable, there are white seeds embedded in a spongy white pulp. Humid weather is best suited for its cultivation and that is why it is grown in Indonesia, India, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, China, Philippines and so on. It is known with various other names such as white gourd, lauki, bottle squash, trumpet gourd, calabash gourd, and ghiya.
Consumption of lauki both in the form of juice or cooked form has anti-bilious as well as sedative properties and thus eating it is very healthy and relaxing.
Contents of Bottle gourd
- Bottle gourd (100 grams) contains only 15 calories.
- If we consider the edible portion of a bottle gourd, it 100 grams consist of 1 gram of fat.
- Bottle hours have large water content, its water content is 92%.
- It has high fiber content, low saturated fat, thiamine, iron, zinc, cholesterol, manganese, and magnesium.
Health benefits of Bottle gourd
Bottle gourd has numerous health benefits. Some of them are as mentioned below:
- Bottle gourd helps in reducing the problem of constipation and piles as it has a high content of dietary fiber (soluble and insoluble). It is extremely light and easy to digest.
- It has very less cholesterol and fat content. Thus a bottle gourd is highly beneficial for weight loss.
- If you drink bottle gourd juice on an empty stomach in the morning it will help you in weight loss.
- Bottle gourd juice is a thirst quencher as it has high water content (92%). Due to its extensive water content, it helps to keep the body refreshed and cool during the summer season.
- It contains essential minerals like potassium, sodium, trace elements that prevent the risk of heart diseases by regulating the blood pressure.
- It has a high content of vitamin B and C which acts as anti-oxidant.
- Bottle gourd is very beneficial for people suffering from hypertension as it is rich in potassium and sodium.
- Bottle gourd is very beneficial to cure the liver infection and improve liver health.
How to make “Lauki ki Sabzi” for weight loss
Lauki ki sabzi is very beneficial for weight loss is if you add it to your regular diet. Lauki ki sabzi can be made without oil to promote weight loss in the body. You might suffer from the problem of dehydration while losing weight but bottle gourd is rich in water and so it keeps you hydrated while you are trying to lose weight. The fibers in bottle gourd help to stimulate the weight loss process. Some people suffer from constipation while focussing on weight loss but if bottle gourd is added to the diet, it will reduce the problem of constipation. It has been highly recommended in Ayurveda to add bottle gourd to your weight loss diet.
- Half bottle gourd
- One onion
- Two tomatoes
- Two green chilies
- Coriander leaves
Steps to make lauki ki sabzi
- Cut the bottle gourd into small pieces.
- Then, cut the onion into small pieces and make a paste of tomatoes
- Grate the ginger.
- Chop the green chilies in small pieces.
- Add onion, green chilies, tomato and ginger in a pressure cooker.
- Do not add oil to it as we are making the sabzi without oil.
- Then add 1/4 spoon of salt to it.
- Add 1/4 spoon of turmeric powder to it.
- Add red chilly powder according to your taste.
- If you do not want to add red chilly powder, you can also add black pepper to it.
- Mix it till the tomato water dries out.
- Then add bottle gourd to the pressure cooker.
- Add half cup water to it and mix it well and close the lid of the cooker.
- Now, wait for 3-4 whistles then open it and check.
Now our lauki ki sabji without oil is ready. It looks very nice and will taste amazing. You can eat it with chapati as well in lunch.
Health benefits of drinking bottle gourd juice
- Bottle gourd juice is very beneficial for your hair. If you drink one glass go it in the morning, it will help in reducing the grey hair.
- You can also mix the bottle gourd juice with sesame oil if you are suffering from insomnia. You need to apply this mixture on your scalp at night regularly and massage it properly.
- Bottle gourd juice helps to cure stomach acidity, indigestion, ulcers as well as nervous diseases.
- If the bottle gourd is bitter, it is a tonic for cardiac and acts as an antidote for poisons.
- It helps in curing cough, biogenic infections, and asthma.
- This juice is a basic (alkaline) mixture which helps in getting relief from burning sensation in the urinary bladder.
- It is very helpful in curing jaundice.
Bottle gourd has been accepted by people across the world in their lifestyle after becoming aware of the health benefits of bottle gourd. You can also use the bottle gourd seeds in the infused form which helps to cure headaches as well as chills. It is not advisable to consume the bottle gourd in the raw state as in this state it might be harmful to the stomach and can cause damage to the intestines. Bottle hours also helps to induce a sound sleep which is very important if you are looking to lose weight because if you have a good sleep, it improves the metabolism of the body.
Thus, bottle gourd is very essential for our mind and body. So, we should either eat lauki ki sabzi or make it a routine to have bottle gourd juice in our diet.
I hope you enjoyed this video. It takes a lot of time to research and make these videos. If this information is useful for you in any way, then please press the like button, share with your loved ones and follow me on the below mentioned social accounts.
Spread the Message : How To Make-Lauki ki sabzi for weight loss - lauki ki healthy sabzi / ghiya ki sabzi / Loki ki sabji in Hindi Melt body ...